Once-Ler Fans United

This forum is for fans of Once-Ler from the Dr. Seuss movie, the Lorax!! The purpose of this forum is to allow Once-Ler fans to chat, discuss, and share their love for this adorable character!! Have Fun!!!

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Film Details & Discussion

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin_Oncie
Admin

PostSubject: Film Details & Discussion   Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:42 am

Original Post HERE!

Here we can start talking about how we'd go about making the film!
Like the post said we'd need directors, writers, artists, animators, etc...!

Let's start by telling each other what we know how to do, then we can begin discussing the details of the film!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://onceler-fans-united.forumotion.com
OrbManson7

PostSubject: Re: Film Details & Discussion   Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:03 am

So, yeah, i don't mean to be a butt, but...uhh...
Well, is there any way that I can help write this movie?
I'm currently writing a musical about the Once-ler for Script Frenzy this month, currently titled as "The Man Who Wanted to Rule the World: A Musical about The Once-ler". It'll be done by April 30th, as per Script Frenzy rules.
It'd be kinda interesting to convert it to a film script, but I wouldn't want to do that unless people wanted me to, and definitely not until it's completely written...

Yeah, just sayin'.

Oh, yeah, I'm also Sr. Editor at HA6S (Hey Arnold 6th Season project)
I do a lot of writing and editing over there... so, if that helps influences any decisions, then so be it. Wink

Last edited by OrbManson7 on Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mandylazers

PostSubject: Re: Film Details & Discussion   Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:25 am

I am an animation major (only second year, but I do know the software pretty well) and my forté is storyboarding and character animation but I can do whatever I'm needed for!

I'm so excited! I would just love to help with this in any way I can, it sounds like a lot of fun and a great way to get some names out there! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xellphy

PostSubject: Re: Film Details & Discussion   Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:30 am

I'm a completely self-taught artist who still has a lot to learn, but I could potentially color panels, or clean linework. Any artistic grunt work, basically, I can do.
I also would be up for voice acting. I've never done it in any actual animations or formal productions, and I don't have any sort of demo reel, but I've been practicing different voices and things, and would be committed to working to the best of my ability at doing something top-notch. Maybe as a (very) minor role.
Golly, I wish I had more professional advice or abilities to contribute, but I love the idea of this, and would love to contribute in any way that I can.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
narcolepticinsomniac

PostSubject: Re: Film Details & Discussion   Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:24 am

I write and I've done a little acting for school and junk, I'd love to do voice acting if my voice fits a character haha.

But honestly I'd be cool doing anything as long as I would be able to work on this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://narcolepticinsomniac.tumblr.com/
TheJoysOfBunburyism

PostSubject: Re: Film Details & Discussion   Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:33 am

I've never done this sort of thing before, but I would love to help in anyway possible.
I'm a bit of writer, so I could help in that department or attempt at voice acting. I'm really excited about this!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Joukai

PostSubject: Re: Film Details & Discussion   Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:42 am

First off, I want to thank the admin and CJ (are you one and the same?) for supplying this board for us! Really, thank you so much!

For those who don't know, we have a blog once-lerfilm . tumblr . com/ (without the spaces) however, I definitely encourage y'all to use this forum! It's a lot easier to talk to everyone this way! Very Happy

If you haven't seen the latest post, I'm looking for some management help once-lerfilm . tumblr . com/post/20511285312/directors-and-managers-needed (without the spaces)

I'm so glad so many people are interested in this project!

Okay, I don't want to hijack this thread, so would any of the older members be willing to make a new thread for discussing the plot? If that's okay, that is! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
theunffler

PostSubject: Re: Film Details & Discussion   Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:12 am

I really like this idea!

i had also mentioned us sending it to Ed Helms or Illumination as a thank you, but that's a stupid idea XD

as far as talents go. I can only sing...but I've never done any voice acting...so I could contribute doing that.

maybe?

/hides
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://theunfler.tumblr.com
O1-6-LER

PostSubject: Re: Film Details & Discussion   Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:23 am

(guh my normal username is too long for this site.. you can find me at oncelerinalifetimeopportunity on Tumblr 8U)

OKAY uh this sounds really cool to me and I'd love to be a part of it. I can do voice acting, I can storyboard, I can animate, and I can write music. I'm most confident in my storyboard/animation abilities (latest example on my Tumblr; sorry... I can't post links for 7 more days I guess), but I have a BIG passion for voice-acting (something I have yet to make acceptable examples of, unfortunately).

theunffler: Why NOT show it to Ed Helms or Illumination? That would be really awesome, I think they'd enjoy it! \8DD/
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://oncelerinalifetimeopportunity.tumblr.com
Mitchekie

PostSubject: Re: Film Details & Discussion   Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:20 am

Hello there, everyone!

My nickname is "Mitchekie" and my Tumblr blog is "Plutonis". I've been a member of the fandom for a little while now and would love to contribute to this fan film, should it ever get off the ground.

Ways in which I may be able to contribute include doing art-related tasks, writing, and editing. I have been a self-taught artist for seven years now and have taken some art classes. I also enjoy writing and have been doing so since I was quite young. Since I am not yet allowed to post external links on here for seven days, I will have to wait to provide you with my deviantArt page/address via a link, but if you want to look me up there my name is Mitch-el. You are welcome to browse through my gallery, as well as read my written works so as to assess what my writing style is like.

Animating is something I prefer not to do, as I have very little experience with it and, basically, suck at it. My forte is in doing very detailed works, providing I have a reference. Script-writing is something I've never done, but I believe that I am pretty well-versed in story structure/writing fictional tales, editing, and scanning for grammatical and typographical errors.

All the best to everyone in getting this project off the ground! Smile

-- Mitch
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mitch-el.deviantart.com/
feloniusfiend

PostSubject: Re: Film Details & Discussion   Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:32 am

Haha, this is actually a really cool idea to get out there! I love writing so I'd love to do something writing-related if I can be of any help. Or even just editing. (And I've never tried voice acting before, so I probably suck, but if if you need more people to give it a shot I can definitely make my best attempt xD)

I picked my username on here to be the same as my tumblr, and my ask box is open in case you want to poke me about anything XP
Back to top Go down
View user profile
crane

PostSubject: Re: Film Details & Discussion   Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:46 pm

Hey there! So yeah, I am super excited for this project. As for myself, I'm an artist, and can help out with any art-related tasks. I'm particularly interested in concept art for this particular project and background art.

Also, if I may say so, I'm pretty darn good at voice acting. So, I will definitely audition or such when the time comes around for that. Also, welp, I do have a degree in Music that may be of use to you guys. I've studied clarinet for about a billion years but I'm also pretty decent at singing.

So yeah. My tumblr username is rassilonspyjamas (which hopefully will pop up in my signature).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mitchekie

PostSubject: Re: Film Details & Discussion   Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:22 pm

Howdy again,

Now that I've been a member of this site for over a week, I can add links. Below are two of them, the first being a link to my main deviantArt page so that you can see what my art style is like and what skill level I'm at, and the other one being a link to the most recent story I've written (it's a piece of Once-ler fan fiction) so that you can get an idea of my writing style.

DeviantArt Page: http://mitch-el.deviantart.com/
"Marshmallows" Short Story/Fan Fiction: http://mitch-el.deviantart.com/#/d4uknua

-- Mitch
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mitch-el.deviantart.com/
clairakitty

PostSubject: Re: Film Details & Discussion   Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:23 pm

Oh. My. God. This. Is. GENIUS! I'm totally willing to help write it if you want Smile If I may ask, how are we animating it? Any examples?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
asian-ler

PostSubject: Re: Film Details & Discussion   Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:48 am

So did anyone make this video yet? If not I'd totally love to help ^-^ but assuming it's been done already ~ in case not, then I can help with any art stuff, or voice acting. I haven't done any voice acting, except 1 time me and my brother did voice overs for Advent Children, and my sister thought I did a good job.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Film Details & Discussion   

Back to top Go down

Film Details & Discussion
Page 1 of 1